Your Rights and Responsibilities
At the Collegiate Medical Centre we aim to provide our patients with the best quality care we can.
Our charter is a statement of what you can expect from the practice and what we feel we can expect from you in return.
Your rights as our patient
- You will be treated in a polite and respectful manner at all times by the doctors, nurses and other members of the practice team.
- The surgery will be clean and comfortable as far as facilities permit.
- If you are a new patient you will be expected to attend for a new patient health check within 30 days of registering at the practice.
- When necessary your doctor will refer you to a consultant appropriate to your condition.
- You have the right to confidentiality at all times.
- The doctors endeavour to see their patients on time, but, at least, within thirty minutes of their appointment time. However, should there be an additional delay; you will be advised of the reason by the receptionist on duty.
- You can expect to be given an urgent appointment with a doctor, not necessarily a doctor of your choice within one working day.
- Urgent appointments may be triaged by a clinician to prioritise cases on clinical urgency.
- You are able to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
What we ask of you
- That you attend all your appointments on time.
- Should you need to cancel your appointment, to give as much notice as possible, but always let the practice know, so that we can book in and help other patients.
- Please treat all practice staff with courtesy.
- To request help or advice on non urgent matters during surgery hours.
- You should work with the practice to keep yourself as healthy as possible by following advice from doctors and nurses.
- Not to request a home visit if you are fit to travel to the surgery. Please note home visits are made at the doctor’s discretion.